About Me

My photo
I live in Mid Missouri on a farm with my husband and daughter.

Sunday, June 2, 2024

New House!

 I know it's been a long time since I've blogged, but things have been busy.  David got the corn planted in April and then the rains set in and it took forever to get the beans planted in May.  I had a wonderful piano recital in the first part of May (which took a lot of effort in April).  I received this really cute thank you card that one of my students made..............you can see the impact the Willow and Kinze make on my students!


Of course the really big event was SARAH BOUGHT A HOUSE in St. Peters Missouri.  She closed on April 19th, and we made the trip for the big event.


It's a 3 bedroom, 2.5 bath home in a very nice neighborhood.  And this was the first meal in the new house.........McDonalds on the card table!


I was trimming some bushes by her mailbox and discovered this nest with a robin's egg.  Later, there were 4 eggs.  Sarah enjoyed keeping an eye on them.


The kitchen needed some work.  David took out the cabinets, I painted the pantry and we painted the walls.  He later relocated the cabinets, sink, and part of the old countertops in her basement laundry area.

Sarah ordered new cabinets for the kitchen.  David went back the next weekend to do some more work and then the following weekend, my dad went with him and they installed the new cabinets.








There were about a hundred boxes.  Sarah also got a new washer and dryer which they installed and she had to get a lawn mower and trimmer for her yard.  

I went the next weekend as it was Mother's Day.  I helped her pack some things and unload and put stuff away in her kitchen.



Her roses were blooming!



And the robins had hatched!


We went the next weekend to help her actually move her furniture and start living in her new house.  The robins left their nest too!  One made it's way into her garage.


Her kitty loves the new house..........so much more space to roam.


The guest bedroom......we had to build our bed before we could sleep that night.


Sarah's bedroom............


Her office (I spent several hours on Mother's Day helping build the desk.



Her living room...........


Storage room............


Basement............


Actual living room which she is using as a music room.........


Her yard after some trimming........



The back yard..........




We made another trip this week because the countertops were being installed and David needed to hookup the sink, dishwasher, and disposal.

Here are the countertops.............




She still needs back splash and this might be her choice..........


She is really loving her neighborhood.  All of the neighbors seem really nice.  It's been a busy time.  A little sewing has happened here and there.  I'll update you in another post soon.

Christi

No comments:

Post a Comment