About Me

My photo
I live in Mid Missouri on a farm with my husband and daughter.

Monday, March 1, 2021

Another Quilt Shop Adventure

 We went to visit Sarah a week ago.  We hadn't seen her since she went back to St. Louis at the beginning of January.  We took our time getting there, stopping at 3 quilt shops along the way.  The first was All N Stitches in New Florence.


I enjoyed this shop and visiting with the owner.  There were lots of displays that I liked and I did spend a little money here.  She had a nice display of Glide thread for longarming.




I really liked this Christmas panel..........
But the cutest thing of all was this 3 month old Australian Shepherd-Corgi mix puppy named Moose!  Moose was out for a potty break when we arrived, so we got to pet him and get our hands and faces washed........I'm really sure it was COVID-safe!

Our nest stop was the Gypsy Moth Quilt Shop in Warrenton.


It was a really cute LITTLE shop...........I mean it was probably only 12x12 including the bathroom.  Everything was beautifully displayed though.  There were lots of Elizabeth Hartman patterns and lots of bunny fabrics.  And this working gumball machine by the door with bobbins in it was adorable.


And David's favorite part was that this place was right next door...........newly reopened after being closed for the pandemic.  We enjoyed our lunch there.

We also stopped at Susie Q Quilting in Wentzville.  It was just a little larger than the Gypsy Moth, but crowded with lots of bright fabrics.


My only purchase was this yard of fabric for a quilting friend who is a Cardinal's fan.

We enjoyed spending time with Sarah.  We ate at Zia's on The Hill on Friday evening.  We saw an Imax movie and the mummy exhibit at the Science Center on Saturday.  We ate at her favorite place, Kingside Diner for lunch and then toured the Chess Museum across the street.  We headed for home early Sunday morning. 


It was obvious that Willow missed me and was depressed that I was leaving again.  I headed to Des Moines (with an overnight in Bethany) for 2 days of classes for my longarm.  

I took lots of notes and took all of these photos to help me remember........something!  I haven't had the chance to even touch my machine since I've been back.  

My first step will be to clean it properly.............if I remember it all!

I returned home late Tuesday, gave piano lessons and caught up on laundry all day Wednesday, and worked on Thursday and Friday to make up for being gone Monday and Tuesday (and gave more lessons on Thursday evening and caught up the church bookwork).  

Friday afternoon I received an email from nephew Jackson with a paper to proof read.  He had interviewed my dad about losing his hand in a farming accident.  The paper also included photos for illustration.  Friday evening, I got a call from my sister saying Jackson needed a photo of dad before the accident for the paper and they were on their way to Cedar Falls to spend the weekend at Carter's conference track meet and could I send some photos????

So, I dug out the scrapbooks and found some photos of when I was little..........

This is my little brother on a colt named Ginger.


That red blazer was around for a long time...........
Obviously, Dad was concerned about whether my little brother was behaving!


I have no idea what was freaking me out in this photo!



And here is a last photo that I spied and sent to my sister just to make her day...........

Yes, that's me, giving the world the finger at a very young age!

Christi




No comments:

Post a Comment