About Me

My photo
I live in Mid Missouri on a farm with my husband and daughter.

Monday, February 15, 2021

Snow Day!

 Well, it could have been another pajama day here.  I did get dressed for work, and then we decided to close.  We've had snow all day.  It's white outside from top to bottom.

There was snow in the sewing room today as well...........



I am in love with this snowflake pattern.  You could do it in one color like this, of 4 colors, or totally scrappy.  I think I would make this again, but either do it scrappy, or in a red/gray colorway.  The blue didn't come across as rich in the photo as it is in person.  The blue was an older fabric, I know because it was only 36" instead of 44".  I had enough to do this quilt and make the binding with just a few scrap pieces left.  So, it was a good use of a piece of fabric.

This was also set together with borders today.

This was the Morewood Mystery that I started last summer or fall (I can't even remember for sure).  I thought I would really like it because I followed their colors and I liked all the fabrics, but I'm not too in love with this design.  I'm hoping it grows on me once it's quilted.

Other than sewing room activities, we've mostly spent the day watching Willow and Cici antagonize each other since Willow has been staying in mostly.  We've also been watching the birds at our feeder.  We have lots of finches, a male and female cardinal, and one bluebird who is pretty bossy.  Willow and Cici take turns sitting in the window seat to watch them.

It's also fun to watch Willow play in the snow outside.  She keeps trying to catch it when she kicks it up as she walks through it.  She usually comes in with a snow beard.

Stay warm!

Christi

No comments:

Post a Comment