About Me

My photo
I live in Mid Missouri on a farm with my husband and daughter.

Saturday, December 5, 2020

Quilt Clues Galore!

 

A wonderful surprise arrived in the mail this week!  My mom sent me these 2 panels for my birthday.  



I think she was concerned that I had some bare spots on my walls that needed Christmas wall hangings.  Sarah took several tubs of Christmas decorations to her apartment and after she did a video call with Grandma showing off her decorated apartment, my mom realized how many things had traveled to St. Lou.  

I'm sure I won't get these finished for this Christmas as I am still working on the puppy Christmas wall hanging.


I have all the tree blocks finished for it and need to work on the snowflake blocks.  This block is from Lori Holt's Vintage Christmas book.

I did all the cutting for the next Grassy Creek clue yesterday.  Cici was on hand to help for awhile.


She was thrilled we were using the honeycomb color that matches her lovely fur again, but was SHOCKED to realize that when I said "parakeet", I meant the color, not an actual bird.  What a disappointment!


She vacated the cutting counter in protest.

I also spent time in the afternoon pulling finished tops out of the closet and working on finding backings, battings, and bindings for them.  I'm almost (not quite, but almost) embarrassed to say how many there are.  I did make a list of 10 things (but a couple of them are really small) to work on getting ready to quilt.  That is not all there is though (ok, so I am embarrassed to tell you how many there are).  

I will continue the project today and hopefully start sewing the components for the mystery quilts I cut for.

Christi

No comments:

Post a Comment