About Me

My photo
I live in Mid Missouri on a farm with my husband and daughter.

Monday, November 30, 2020

One Month Later............

One month later..........where did the time go?  I can't believe it's been a whole month since I blogged!  Well, some sewing did happen.

Here is the handstitching......... another block for the Appalachian Memories quilt done!


And, we did have a guild retreat!  This was the mystery project we did at retreat.  I've decided to add another border of the cream background material and then use the peachy petal color for binding.  It will make a nice spring/summer wall hanging.



And I did get my Star Junction quilt top pieced.  While I didn't enjoy all those star blocks, I am pleased with how it turned out.  I'm still pondering adding borders.  I have plenty of the fabric left, so we'll see how it turns out.  I like the appearance now, but would also like it to maybe be a little larger, so borders would help that.  (Also notice that it is laid out on the new flooring in the sewing room!)  



 We visited Sarah in St. Louis one weekend (ok, it was really Oct. 31-Nov.1).  We went to the science center which is her favorite place and on Sunday, we went with her to try a new church.  It is really hard to find a church when most of them are closed and doing online only services.  We found that Memorial Presbyterian was open with social distancing and masks, so we tried it out.  It is a beautiful old building.





Everyone seemed very welcoming even though it was hard with masks and social distancing.  She has been back a couple of more times.

The church is located in a very nice residential area.  There is only street parking, but it's a nice tree-lined street with really neat houses to look at.  We enjoyed driving through the neighborhood.

The hubs went north to attend an antique tractor auction with my dad one Saturday.  Of course, Dad had to make a purchase.  It's a pretty cute little tractor.  I think he'll have fun fixing it up.




We also went to Mom and Dad's for Thanksgiving.  I cooked the turkey, made noodles, and pies, and mom made sweet potatoes, mashed potatoes, cranberries, stuffing, and rolls.  It was delicious.



We made Aunt Harriett's recipe for homemade caramels which turned out wonderfully.  Mom and I also worked on a table runner called Flying Dutchman that I had brought a new ruler for.  When we left, it was all on her display wall ready for her to sew together.  


We had some little leftover triangle cutoffs that I thought about saving for Aunt Judy because I know how much she likes them...........NOT!


So, I hopefully will do better at posting in December.

Christi

No comments:

Post a Comment