About Me

My photo
I live in Mid Missouri on a farm with my husband and daughter.

Monday, October 26, 2020

Football is over..... at least for one player!


 Remember this guy?  I know, you probably don't recognize him all dressed up for game day.  I'm a sucker for a good lookin' kid in a nice shirt and tie.............probably why I've purchased so many (including this one) for him.  So if he doesn't look familiar, maybe this will help........


Yup, it's #15, Jackson Morton.  His team won their second playoff game Friday evening, but unfortunately, Jackson is done for the season having broken his collar bone during the 4th play of the game.  Give the kid credit, no one realized he was hurt and he stayed in for a few more plays before heading to the sidelines.  My sister got that text no one wants to get, "Jackson broke his collarbone", and headed down from the stands to get him and take him to the emergency room.  He walked in still in uniform, even the helmet.  My sister had to cut his jersey off, and somehow got his pads off without cutting them.  The good news came when the doctor, after looking at the x-rays, asked him how much more he thought he was going to grow............which clued my sister in to the fact that Jackson's growth plates are still open and he could grow 3-4 inches more!  


You may recall this photo which was taken for evidence that one of the grandkids had finally outgrown Grandpa Barber (note the stretching Grandpa is doing in this photo and Jackson is barely standing up straight).  So, while it was not a happy end to his football season, the "opportunity for growth" was good news.  He doesn't know it yet, but he did make all-district first team utility player, so he should be proud of his season.  He just needs to heal quickly now to get ready for basketball season.

Speaking of growing.........remember Willow watching her first football game and cheering for Jackson with me?


Well here she is playing with me while we listened to the football game Friday evening....



I can hardly remember that little puppy!  She is so smart.  She still loves playing with the kittens, and will follow me anywhere.  

We walked to the field one afternoon and took a combine ride.



She didn't appreciate the loud noises, but once she was in the combine, she liked the ride.  Of course, all that work made her very tired when she got home.........



You know the puppy is tired when she sleeps with the cat without chewing on it!





 

Growing is exhausting!

I received an early birthday present from my mom.  (My birthday is not until Dec. 18th, so you haven't missed it!)


My mom thought these puppies looked like Willow.  I'm afraid that by Christmas, she isn't going to look like a puppy anymore!  I treated myself to some fabric to go with the panel to make a nice Christmas wall hanging.  I have just the place for it since I gave away the one I had hanging there last Christmas!


I can't wait to get started on this!  Of course the snow we are getting today isn't helping any.  

Hopefully I will get another post done this week............THAT is the plan, but we'll see how it goes!

Christi




No comments:

Post a Comment