About Me

My photo
I live in Mid Missouri on a farm with my husband and daughter.

Tuesday, June 16, 2020

Cats, Kittens, and Quilts

Hi............from way back in May!  It's hard to believe how long it's been since I've blogged.  I keep thinking I will do it and then LIFE gets in the way.  So here we go.....

I finished another embroidered barn block for the Appalachian Memories quilt.  That makes 5...........only 7 (sigh) to go.  Of course, I have to get another block drawn before I can begin stitching again.



And, my Village quilt top is together.  I added the trees to the pattern.  I mainly used leftover charm squares from partial charm packs.  There is a little bit of everything in this fabric.  The lollipop and triangle trees make me think of kindergarten art projects...........all you need to add is a stick figure family!  I'm still contemplating some sort of pieced border for this.

And, every good farm girl needs buckets!  I bought a pattern and have started making fabric buckets.  These feature the the leftover rooster fabric from the back of my chicken scrap quilt and some orange grunge fabric from the sale table.  I am loving these and have plans to make more.  I'm using these in the sewing room.

And now for the "Cats" part of this post................

 Cici has never met a basket she didn't try to get into.  We're pretty amazed with her agility and skill in getting into the potato basket.


And, of course, a basket with fabric in it is even better!  


And now for the kittens............can you find them?
They officially have permanent names now.  All are boys.  In the above photo are Charlie and Boots and below is Wicket. 
These are the cutest sweetest kittens ever!  They love to play and are really fun.  Cici and Dory even like to play with them when they come in the house as long as they are only in one at a time.  One is purrrrrfect.  Three are overwhelming!

I promise another post tomorrow with the show and tell from our quilt guild meeting last week.
Christi

No comments:

Post a Comment