About Me

My photo
I live in Mid Missouri on a farm with my husband and daughter.

Thursday, December 12, 2019

December is Flying By!


This might be the prettiest pecan pie I have ever made!  The hubs' favorite pie is pecan.  The day before Thanksgiving, I was making this pie for our turkey dinner the next day and when I went to turn the oven on, it said "feature not available".  Excuse me?  You're an oven.  Baking is not a FEATURE, it's pretty much your sole purpose!  I immediately callled the local appliance business (we know them, go to church together, I was Nick's piano teacher, he was in DD's class at school)..........and I remembered that we had lost power for just a couple of minutes the evening before, so I went down to the breaker box and flipped the breaker a couple of times and it finally came on (the clock had always been working, so I hadn't realized there was a problem until I went to start baking a pie).  I hastily called Nick back (he was already out the door, but I caught him!).  


Of course the Hubs showed up even though he was really busy that morning (obviously that pecan pie was important), and we had to flip the breaker a couple of more times to get it to start heating.  Here are my awesome kitchen helpers - making sure it's going to work!  They say a watched pot never boils!  The pie did get baked, the rolls made, the turkey cooked, and it was a wonderful meal.

I made 2 more zipper pouches for the nephews' girlfriends.  Don't you just love the plaid!

DD did all the Christmas decorating while she was home on break.  She even ordered me cork lights for this hand painted bottle I got as a gift last year.

I had the wonderful opportunity to proofread a paper for her.  I've done a couple of more since and still have one to do.

One of my piano students left this note on my computer.  He was hoping that I (meaning DD) had this movie.  She does, so he will probably come watch it with her over Christmas break.  He's 9.  

I went down to Rolla to spend the night with DD and attend Jingle & Mingle at her church.  It was really good and a very fun evening.


Not much sewing has been happening.  I am trying to do the Tiny Tree blocks from Temecula Quilt Company's blog.  The blocks measure 2.75".  Here are the first 4.


I was able to get the next 4 done last night!

We seem to be very busy and not much is getting accomplished.  At least my gifts are purchased and wrapped.  No holiday cooking/baking has been done.  Maybe we will just diet for Christmas this year!

Merry Christmas!
Christi

No comments:

Post a Comment