About Me

My photo
I live in Mid Missouri on a farm with my husband and daughter.

Tuesday, November 26, 2019

November Wrap Up!

I know there is still a week of November left, but I thought I should take this chance to do one more November post and catch up on November happenings.



We went to Rolla to see DD and attend her orchestra concert.  She was the principal second violin and had a solo in Legends of the Fall.........a beautiful piece of music even if the movie wasn't that great.  She was blessed to have several people attend the event and then she gave them a tour around the campus.

Grandma and Grandpa Bentley, Elliott and Andrea Bentley, and cousins Pam and Susie Nielson were all there.  It was a beautiful afternoon.

The really big news is that not only will she be graduating in May, but she has a job!  Accenture Technology made her an offer and she accepted.  She will start sometime after graduation and will be located in St. Louis (not too far from home!).  

In the sewing room, I managed to declutter a little and discovered that there were many empty project boxes (don't worry, I'll fix that soon!).  There was also a box of pieces and parts (widows and orphans) or some might say leftovers.  I used the leftovers to make some placemats - yes, each one is different - that can be used to practice quilting on later.  

This one is made from parts from the On Ringo Lake quilt I did a couple of years ago.

These pinwheels were purchased at a quilt guild garage sale and didn't make it into the baby quilt I use the rest of the pinwheel blocks in.

And this pig placemat is made with the pig I colored in the class I took about coloring on your quilts.  It was fun to learn a new technique.  I'm not sure how much I would use this in a quilt, but the instructor had some creative ideas about coloring your labels for the quilt backs.  Since I am really bad about labeling my quilts, I may have to try some colored labels.

And on the sports front, football season for the nephews came to an end on Nov. 8th.  They had a great run, and made it to the final 8 before being defeated.  It was really neat to be able to hook the laptop up to the television and watch it through Youtube on TV!  

Cici really enjoys sports on TV and when it's Carter and Jackson playing, it's even better!


Thanks to the extended season, my Friday Night Lights quilt was totally completed that day...........binding was finished!  

I'm very happy with how this one came out.  Cici feels her purrpose in life is to photo bomb quilt pictures!


Last night I made some zipper bags for the nephews' girlfriends.  These 2 were totally finished, and I would have finished 2 more, but Tucker, my Singer 301 was giving me some trouble.  I finally switched to another machine and call the hubs in to work on Tucker.  

I probably won't post again until December.  We are having Thanksgiving at our house with my parents and neighbors.  Then, we are butchering on Black Friday and Saturday.  There won't be much photo taking going on............my hands will be too messy to touch the phone for pix and really, who wants to see pix of that anyway!  

Happy Thanksgiving!
Christi




No comments:

Post a Comment