About Me

My photo
I live in Mid Missouri on a farm with my husband and daughter.

Monday, June 17, 2019

KC Regional Quilt Show

Last Friday, I attended the KC Regional Quilt Show with some other members of my guild.  I took lots of photos and will share a bunch.  I'm going to try to group them into some sort of organized categories.............

Since it was Flag Day, we'll start with this one.
I thought this would make an excellent Quilt of Valor.  And for those interested, the half square triangle blocks in the center finish at 6".  Yes, I did pull out my tape measure.  This one is definitely on my To Do list.

As always, there are animals in my blog posts............

We all loved these flamingos...............especially all the feathers quilted into the background.

 And, I really liked this turtle..........especially the batik fabric in the bottom border.

 Of course, baby animals are always cute...........

 And this giraffe quilt was interesting...........
Especially the background quilting............


This cow got lots of attention.

Sarah loved the panda and the kitten when I showed her the pictures.  I'll admit that the kitten quilt as a whole was not my favorite, but I liked how well the kitten was done.

 And if there was a kitten, there should be puppies!  I liked this quilt because of the shadow frame technique.  My mom just finished piecing a top like this.

And some chickens to round out Old MacDonald's Farm!

Speaking of songs and music, we found several quilts that had some musical inspiration.
 Notice "All That Jazz" in the music staff!


Everyone was commenting on this one........
 How about some musical chairs?

 Here are some interesting t-shirt quilts..........
There was a Kansas Jayhawk one as well, but I didn't take a picture!

Some barn quilts for the young farmers below.............


 A quilt for the baker...........
 Love the mixer cord.........
 And the recipe............

Another version of the baker's quilt...........

And for the quilter...........
with the neatest sayings around the border..........
and some irons..........

And then, some more modern styled, colorful quilts...........and some have the most amazing quilting!












I hope this "colors" you day a happy color!
Christi

No comments:

Post a Comment