About Me

My photo
I live in Mid Missouri on a farm with my husband and daughter.

Sunday, June 9, 2019

Family Time


No, we're not burning the house down...........That's just the fire pit the Hubs made me for Christmas.  And, yes, since he made a cutout of our house in it, it always looks like we're burning the house down when we light it.  We enjoyed some time on the new patio one evening while burning the collection of sticks from the yard.

With the rain keeping him out of the field, the Hubs planned an impromptu trip to Branson the first weekend in June.  We were gone for one night, and that's probably going to be our summer vacation.

We saw Smoke on the Mountain, and wonderfully entertaining musical set in the 1940's about the Sanders family presenting a revival at the Mt. Pleasant Baptist Church..........great old time hymns and really funny!

We ate at an Italian restaurant before the show...........
It had the neatest decor, which doesn't really show in this picture.  And of course, the world's largest fork and meatball.............

And we had some interesting people staying at the same hotel..........there was a professional fisher there judging by his truck and boat in the parking lot with all the sponsors painted on it............I didn't take a pic, because every time we saw it, he was sitting in the boat - yes, in the parking lot of the hotel - studying some sort of computer.

I did snap a pic of this car parked next to ours............
I guess there were bull riders staying there too.

On Sunday morning, we visited the Titanic museum.  It was really interesting.  We each received a card of someone aboard the ship and at the end of the tour, we got so see who survived.  DD and I survived, sadly, the hubs didn't make it.

The original plan was to stop at Lambert's on the way home, but (allow me to say here that neither David Bentley nor Sarah Bentley likes to wait for food) when they saw the line, we just cruised right out of the parking lot.  With no Plan B, a billboard caught my eye and I googled (where would we be without google!) it, and routed us to Black Sheep Hamburgers and Shakes in downtown Springfield.  It was a quaint little bar tucked in to the downtown buildings.  We sat at the bar, where we received constant service and conversation.  The hubs and I each ordered the "Don't Go Bacon My Heart Burger" which was excellent.  We also tried the onion rings and SMOKED fries!

Delicious!!!!!
DD was inquiring about the chocolate chip cookie dough shake and the bar tender told her she could also order the cookie dough just in a cup - cookie dough only!
And, he scooped it out and brought it to her before her sandwich!  Could life get any better!

And, not to forget the 4-legged members of the family.............Cici has been spending most of her time avoiding Jason, so hasn't been photographed.  Jason has been spending most of his time being obnoxious. 

 I don't know whether to turn on the water..............
                     or whether to turn on the burner.....................



He's not nearly as impressed with Nemo and Dory as they are with him.

Sewing has been happening and I'll be doing a sewing post in a day or so.  I had planned to post this blog last week, but things happened that didn't really leave me in the mood to post so I'm playing a little catch up!

Christi

No comments:

Post a Comment