About Me

My photo
I live in Mid Missouri on a farm with my husband and daughter.

Monday, February 18, 2019

Sewing weather.

I think everyone is tired of winter.  The best thing I can say is that I have gotten some sewing done.  The rainbow scrap chickens are now a complete flock!  I have even gotten them sewn into rows since this photo was taken.  "Chicken Scrap" as I'm calling this one is starting to turn my thoughts to spring and Easter peeps!  They do come in an assortment of colors.  Hopefully, we will see spring soon.


And if my colorful peeps didn't give you thoughts of spring, look what else hopped into the sewing room this weekend.  I wasn't sure which way I wanted to go with this, so I made two versions.  


I think the purple bunny will be the one that hops into this quilt...........
I know it's a little difficult to tell how this will work (really difficult, since I'm just working with a photo on pinterest that doesn't include a bunny)?  Time will tell..........

I decided to order a little more thread for my long arm.  As you can see, I really branched out in color choice.........
Yes, there are 3 different colors there, but I think I need to broaden my color palette a little more.
I also finished my second quilt on the long arm.  I wasn't exactly pleased with my quilting.  But it's done and as Jenny Doan always says, "Finished is better than perfect!".


My guild presents Quilt of Valor quilts to people who have served in the armed forces.  We do the presentations at our July meeting.  This is my group's QOV.  I put the blocks and borders together this weekend.  We were going to all work on it at our sewing day on Saturday, but DUE TO THE WEATHER, that got cancelled.  So since everything was at my house, I just put it together.


And for Valentine's Day, the Hubs got me my favorite pink roses.  They are beautiful and smell wonderful.  I confess that I was looking at the pink tulips in the store the other day and almost bought some.

Here's hoping spring reaches us soon!
Christi

No comments:

Post a Comment