About Me

My photo
I live in Mid Missouri on a farm with my husband and daughter.

Monday, February 4, 2019

Magical Reflection

In September 2005, Sarah became the owner of a darling golden retriever puppy that she named Magic.
Magic passed away last Monday, Jan. 28, 2019, living to the ripe old age of 14 1/2.  This is pretty old for golden retrievers.  He had been with us so long, that we had to do some digging to remember just when we got him.  He was a rescue puppy and loved Sarah, but was afraid of strangers, especially men. 

 


Magic was her 4-H project and she trained him and took him to several dog shows.  (She really wanted a horse, but the hubs said NO, and she got a really large dog instead.)

DD and Magic both had thick hair that curled when it got wet. 

He always enjoyed attending the dog plunge at the pool at the end of the swimming season.


They both eventually reached the same size.......about 90 lbs.  
 He became the dog every kid wanted to take to the show because he was so calm.  The hard part was keeping him from "resting" when he was in the ring.  He usually won Largest Dog and always got to participate in the Best Dressed competition.

 Here DD is dressed as Hermione Granger and Magic is Ron Weasley (red-haired character) from the Harry Potter books.


He also learned a few tricks for her.  His favorite was shaking hands.  He was a really good 4-H project, pet, and family member.

In the quilting/sewing realm, I dug out my one main UFO that I am supposed to have completed by our September guild meeting.  It is called Stars & Stripes Sampler.  I should mention that I didn't actually start this quilt.  I inherited it from someone, who inherited it from someone else, so I'm the third person to attempt to finish it.............Third time's Charm!  Let's hope!  I made 6 of the star blocks in January.



They all have different names, and I can't remember which are which, but that's 6 more blocks complete.  I told myself that I just need to do a few blocks each month, and it will get finished.
 I also finished piecing this.........it was originally supposed to be Bonnie Hunter's Oklahoma Backroads, but in evaluating all of my quilting projects at the end of the year, I decided that I really didn't want to do that quilt, so took all the 4-patches and made them in to this.  It's the next thing to make it to my longarm.


And, I dug out the chickens again.  I just need to finish the gray/black row and then set them together.  

So, that's what I have been up to.  Hope everyone is surviving all of this weather, the good and the bad, and the chaotic changes it's bringing.
Christi

No comments:

Post a Comment