About Me

My photo
I live in Mid Missouri on a farm with my husband and daughter.

Tuesday, August 15, 2017

State Fair, Back to School, the Eclipse, and Quilts!

It has been a busy week.  I have been working taking reservations for people coming in to see the Eclipse next Monday.  There are about 100 plane reservations to fly in to the little Marshall airport (including 3 jets and a helicopter), and over 200 people coming to brunch in the Martin Center.............the visitor from the furthest away will be Melbourne, Australia!  I probably won't get a blog done next week, but will have many stories and photos to share later.
We had a quilt guild meeting this week and had a trunk show from Liz Granberg.  She does some beautiful work, very different from anything I've done.


Aren't these interesting!  They are much more "art" quilts than what I do.  

We also went to the state fair.  Here is our family photo..............

We walked through all the machinery with DH early before it got hot.  We saw some neat exhibits in the FFA building.  Here is one I think DH should make.......


 And these were in the 4-H building............




And in the home-ec building, I really liked this quilt.  Notice the quilting in the close up photo.


Over the weekend, we moved DD back to college and she helped a few hours at Miner Move-In!  I spent the night in the dorm with her since none of her roommates had moved in yet.
Notice Simba made the trip!  She came back home for the week, but will move in (by herself) on Saturday.

This week's quilt parade features the wall hangings!
 I did this blue wall hanging years ago at a class at the appletree quilt center in Columbia.  It was supposed to be a color wash, but mine was monochromatic.  I machine pieced it myself before I knew anything at all about machine piecing.

I made this wall hanging from scraps when I was trying out the strip tube ruler.  My mom hand quilted it.  

This cat wall hanging was pieced by Joyce Nichols and hand quilted by my mom.

 This wall hanging is a Missouri Star pattern that I pieced and hand appliqued and had Pam Romine machine quilt for me.  It's one of my favorites.

 This wall hanging was made when I was in the "day" guild.  We did a round robin project where the inside block was passed to a different person each month and they added a border.  Somehow, the sizing on mine got off, and it never looked quite right.  But there were parts of it that I really liked, so I kept it all these years.

 I took this started project from the Traveling Pants we had in quilt guild and made this wall hanging from it.  I machine quilted it myself.

This cat quilt was also pieced by Joyce Nichols and hand quilted by my mom.

This is the Halloween wall hanging I did last year from our 9-patch block exchange.  I machine quilted it.

 This was my Bonnie Hunter challenge a couple of years ago.  It's the Fair and Square pattern done with Rudolph fabric.  Mary Durham machine quilted it for me.

I made this bargello flag before I ever knew anything about quilting.  I machine quilted it with clear thread because I didn't want my stitches to show.

These heart blocks were my first paper piecing project.  My mom hand quilted it.

This was a kit I won, and made for myself.  I also machine quilted it.

This tumbler flag may be  a Missouri Star tutorial, I can't remember for sure.  Pam Romine machine quilted it for me.

This wall hanging was a wedding gift.  It was made by Joyce Nichols.  It was the 100th one of these wall hangings she had made.

This wall hanging is the left over quatrefoil blocks I had.  I entered this in the state fair and it got the blue ribbon.

 This sewing machine wall hanging was so fun because of all the colors.  Mary Durham machine quilted it for me.  It is also at the state fair with a white ribbon.

My mom quilted this 12 Days of Christmas wall hanging, and this Christmas wall hanging.


I machine pieced and quilted this Christmas Tree wall hanging.

These Sunbonnet Sue blocks were old blocks that my great Aunt Eddice had done.  I made wall hangings from them for myself, my cousin, and my sister.

More quilts to come............
Christi

No comments:

Post a Comment