About Me

My photo
I live in Mid Missouri on a farm with my husband and daughter.

Wednesday, February 28, 2024

Where did February go?

 I can't believe we are at the end of the month!  Well, I guess we'll get our Bonus Day tomorrow.  I do have a couple of UFO finishes to share.


This little table topper was made from leftover squares I had from a Christmas quilt.  There were 84 squares left and I used ALL of them.  The squares finish at 1 inch.  I quilted it on my domestic machine.  


And I finished this Christmas quilt.  The pattern is called Dauphin Island.  It goes together fast and had been hanging out in the TBQ closet for awhile, but now it's complete!  I showed both of them at the quilt guild meeting in February.  

We are starting a Block Lotto in guild this year.  Every month, there will be a certain block assigned and you can make as many as you want.  You bring them to the next meeting and your name goes in a drawing for each block you made.  One person will be drawn and receive all the blocks to make into a quilt!  This was the first block.  It will finish at 9".  


I have actually made 10 blocks, five with the green and creams like the one above and 5 with them in the alternate positions.  I'll be entered 10 times!  It should be fun to see all the blocks!

Esme found all this block sewing exhausting............


Last week was extremely busy.  Nine of my sixteen piano students had conflicts and we had to reschedule lessons, and the hubster took me to Margaritaville Resort for the Missouri Pork Expo.  We attended the banquet and fundraising auction.  This was the dessert.  I love chocolate, but this was so rich that I couldn't eat anywhere near all of it.

 

We did a little exploring around Lake of the Ozarks while we were there.  We even went to a quilt shop, but I only bought some more soft and stable to put on the back of my embroidery blocks.

I have a couple more things quilted and will post about them as soon as I get the binding done.  I did get Star Trails to the flimsy stage.  It was kind of a pain, but I really like this quilt.  I'm already thinking about making it again in another colorway.


Well, that's a short catch up.  Hopefully it won't be quite so long in between posts next time!
Christi



No comments:

Post a Comment