About Me

My photo
I live in Mid Missouri on a farm with my husband and daughter.

Sunday, September 24, 2023

News from the Farm

 With a title like that, you probably think I'm talking about harvest or some such thing.  Nope!  Harvest may start this week, we'll see what happens.  

I'm talking about the Fab Farm quilt I have been working on.  The pattern is by Elizabeth Hartmann, and each block is tedious with a million little pieces.  But the results are so cute!  Four of each are now complete!

Sheep.........


Goats..........

Horses..........


Cows...........

Pigs..........

Bees..........

Chickens...........

Short Sunflowers.........

Tall Sunflowers........

I can't decide which blocks are my favorites........cows?   pigs?  chickens?

I did this as a block of the month (I'm finished with the blocks a little ahead of the game).  The pattern gave options for a large quilt which is what the block of the month was doing, or a small quilt, nursery size.  I think I am going to divide my blocks up and make four of the small quilts that will use just one of each block.  I have the sashings cut for in between the blocks and I am pretty sure there is enough fabric left for the outer borders.  I'll have to come up with bindings and backings.  But each quilt can be different, so that will be fun.

David's nephew and wife are having another baby in October, so I need to get at least one of them completed soon.

In other news from the sewing room, you may remember the tractor quilt for the other great nephew.  It is sewn together now and has backing and binding made.  In looking at this photo again, I realize that it needs a little embroidery on the tractor block.  


And all of my log cabin blocks are complete.  I have the rows pinned together but haven't gotten them sewn together yet.  I'm thinking this will be my state fair entry next year in the Log Cabin category.


I have also been going through my quilt collection and have mailed 6 quilts out to cousins, second cousins, and a friend.  I get the joy from making them and then sharing them.  They aren't doing any good folded up in my closet.  So, hopefully they will be enjoyed by others.  It was fun connecting with some people I haven't seen for awhile.  The gray and black quilt I made for my nephew for his bed at college (living in a house off campus at Iowa State) has not made it to school.  Apparently he is keeping it on his bed at home because he thinks it's too good for college.  

Hope you enjoyed this short update.

Christi

No comments:

Post a Comment