About Me

My photo
I live in Mid Missouri on a farm with my husband and daughter.

Sunday, January 1, 2023

Happy New Year - Year End and 2022 Review!

 Did you stay up late and celebrate?  We woke up at 10:30 in our respective recliners and moved to the bed for the rest of 2022 and start of 2023.  A good night's sleep is the best way to start a new year, right?

First, let's finish up the Christmas activities.............

Naughty or Nice???


Now how could anything that can sleep like a baby in your arms be on the naughty list!

Well, here's how............

She tried to take over Esme's sleeping spot in the sewing room.............

And then she thought maybe she'd help with the machine quilting.........



And when that didn't work out for her, she thought maybe some machine piecing would need her extra special attention.


And for her efforts, she was dropped over the ledge and down the stairs.


She then tried to take over Esme's spot on the piano.  The result was a new piano light after she sent this one crashing to the floor.  
(of course, you may recall that Esme did this once last summer before learning how to land on the piano without sending things flying off..........We have new piano light shades in our list of favorite things on Amazon for the repeat orders.)


But who can resist that face?  So Santa caved and did give her her own little cat quilt (which fits in the "time out" kennel that Sarah has for her).


And someone else almost made the naughty list.............

With all the cold weather, a dog house was purchased that was big enough for both dogs.



If Kenzie could get in it first, Willow would join her, but if Willow made it in first, Kenzie was left out in the cold.


So, Kenzie got a new sweater to wear.  

So, the truly nice one was Cici who kept watch over the birds at the bird feeder.


Sarah and I hoped that there were some truly good pets somewhere in the world.  We made a stop at the local animal shelter just to check out the cat room while she was home for Christmas........

Remember those cute shelter kittens from a previous post?



Well look how they've grown!  Their momma is no longer in the cage with them.  These two were so loveable..........especially the blonde one, Fred.  





Fred was just so mellow!  I would love to have him, but Sarah and David both said NO.  I tried to convince Sarah to adopt him, so that he could teach her cat how to chill, but she still said NO.



And now the end of the year quilting efforts...........


This wall hanging, called Glad Tidings was finished just before Christmas - still needs quilting - and was made from a charm pack and some background fabric.  It was a free quilt along.

Sarah needed a baby quilt for a gift, so this was started Christmas afternoon and finished up the evening of the 26th.  She chose fabrics from my stash, I did the cutting and piecing, and she laid everything out the way she wanted, and chose the teddy bears for quilting.  I got to choose the triangle block design.


Here's a close up.......

In an effort to clean up the sewing room, I finished piecing this table runner with the leftover parts from a Christmas panel.  Now I have the matching runner, wall hanging, and 2 pillows to quilt and finish for Christmas next year.


And this was a quick sew..............I had been looking for something to use that pretty bird fabric which was given to me, and this fit the bill.  Everything is from my stash (or my mom's stash).


And I used an old charm pack to make this table runner I saw on Facebook.  I will need to SHOP for some binding fabric.


So the quilting wrap up for 2022.............

My UFO list at the start of the year had 15 items on it and 14 were finished!

My new start list had 48 items on it and 32 were finished.  So that leaves 17 items on the UFO list for 2023.  Of that list, about half are smaller items, so maybe it's OK that there are more on the list than last year.  And we're just not going to talk about my IDEA list!  It's endless.  So I'm sure there will be many more starts in 2023.  But we're keeping things manageable.

So that's it folks.  Goodbye 2022 and Hello 2023!

Christi







No comments:

Post a Comment