About Me

My photo
I live in Mid Missouri on a farm with my husband and daughter.

Monday, April 1, 2019

Getting a blog post done....NO FOOLIN!

April is here!  Spring break is over and we survived the week with this monster home.  


It wasn't the best of spring breaks as both the hubs and DD were sick.  And DD was working on a big project for one of her classes which I somehow failed to get a picture of.  It took over the crafting space in the basement for several days and then she took over my cutting table in the sewing room, using it as a nice big desk surface to work on a paper.  It's looking like she will be spending part of the summer at home doing an online class and working on a class/project online with NASA.  I think she's going to Utah for a week or so in August to help present her team's microsatellite project at a conference.

Cici's reaction to the thought of Jason 2.0 being here all summer!

In other cat/kitten news, our momma cat decided to have her kittens on Saturday before the big temperature drops we experienced Saturday night.  Even though we put a heat lamp on them, most didn't make it as the mom didn't take care of them.  The lone survivor has now been transferred to our momma cat across the road and joins a big sister..........

See how she's grown!  Eyes are open and she loves to lick your hand.  She is obviously a good feeder as every time the mom steps out of the box, the kitten is still attached.  It will probably do her good to have a little sister now.

In other animal news.............


Chicken Scrap is now a flimsy!  I have backing fabric, just have to get it cut to size, and have figured out how I want to quilt it...........the hubs even made me a template to use.  I still need to order some grey quilting thread though.

And, my main UFO is also pieced!  This project was previously started by someone else, then passed off to a different quilter before being passed off to me!  I'm glad it's going to see completion.  No, this is not something I would normally make, but I did learn some different techniques, some I would do again, and some, not so much.  

My guild is finally going to have our "winter" quilt retreat this weekend.  I'm looking forward to some sewing time with friends.  I need to get some more things cut to work on.  I think I finally have enough pieces cut for my leader/ender project, and am working on cutting as much as I can for my Summertime Sample BOM project, and have some fabric I ordered to cut for a bear quilt that I want to work on.  Can't wait!
Christi

1 comment:

  1. Your chicken quilt is awesome! And Betty would be so happy to know her quilt is nearly finished.

    ReplyDelete