About Me

My photo
I live in Mid Missouri on a farm with my husband and daughter.

Monday, November 5, 2018

Travels of a T-Shirt

Well, the Greene County Rams finished their football season the last Friday night in October.  They ended the season 8-2, following last year's 1-8 season.  I wore this Greene County Rams t-shirt every Friday from Aug. 24 to the state playoffs on Oct. 26.
I know it's a track shirt, but it's the only Greene County shirt I have and it seemed to have a lot of good juice in it.  It's from my nephew's advancing to state track in 2 events last spring.  This shirt has been to D&T quilt shop sale - TWICE!, been to get a massage - TWICE!, been to get a mammogram, to the Ozark Quilt Show in Springfield, to help hang quilts at the Stitch by Stitch Quilt Show in Arrow Rock, to the Missouri Country Quilt shop to try out quilting machines, to the vet with a very sick Cici, and to a DAR meeting at the Historic Pennytown Church.  

And every Friday night I worked on this quilt...........named Friday Night Lights!  Actually the original pattern name was French Twist.
It was completed entirely while listening to my nephews' football games on the radio.  (well, I did the final pressing on Saturday morning after the last game).  I was a bit lost this past Friday, didn't know what to wear or what to do that evening!  



Well, onward to basketball season..............
Remember this wall hanging from my trip to the Springfield show!?!?!

So in catching up all the October happenings, my guild had a very successful quilt show.  There were several quilts from Bonnie Hunter patterns.  My guild is especially fond of her scrappy quilts.
 Above:  Roll, Roll, Cotton Ball which Mary named Cockleburr Lane.  
Below:  Blue Ridge Beauty

 Above:  Old Tobacco Road (mine)
Below:  En Provence (not mine, but I have made one)

 Above:  Smith Mountain Morning (not mine, but I have made one)
Below:  Talkin' Turkey

 Above:  On Ringo Lake..........Mine!
Below:  Fair and Square (not mine, but I have made a small one without the string blocks)

Another En Provence.
And, Old Tobacco Road won for Viewer's Choice in the large quilt division!
See that cute quilted ribbon on my quilt!!!

We also attended the first ever pumpkin carving at the Methodist Church.
 The Hubs was very popular with his innovative was to clean out a pumpkin using his Dewalt drill and the beater from a mixer!

 These are some of my piano students and their grandmother who came as our guests!


As mentioned above, I did have to take Cici to the vet one Friday.  She just simply stopped eating or drinking and barely moved anywhere.  The vet couldn't find anything definitive, but gave her some fluids, a shot of protein, and an antibiotic.  She still didn't eat or drink for several days.  Then exactly a week later from when she stopped eating, she started eating again.  She hasn't wanted her photo taken since her hip bones still stick out a little, but I did catch her nosing around this quilt.
Muffin was very solicitous about helping to clean up the food Cici wasn't eating which was obviously exhausting work............

I also completed some more chicken blocks.  I obviously need some more blue left-facing chickens, and then want to make some grey/black left-facing chickens for the last row downward.  

While shopping at D&T, I picked up this bargain to use as backing for the chickens.........

And those are the highlights from October.  Well, at least the ones with photographic evidence!  It was an extremely busy month, and sometimes there just wasn't enough time to take photos.  But, I am looking towards Christmas and finishing up some projects for gifts, and finding some new project to work on during basketball games!  I have already picked out 2 games in December that I plan to drive to Iowa to see IN PERSON!!!!  With a stop at the Iowa Quilt Museum in Winterset to the display of scrap quilts they have.
Christi

2 comments:

  1. So sorry to hear Cici has been sick and glad she recovered. That was a great slide show of the Quilt Show. I didn’t realize we had that many Bonnie quilts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your chickens are looking great!

    ReplyDelete